Jim is a character made for training animation skills. The character is very optimized and light. Also in the pack there are walking animations, a facial animation test and a script to control the rig.
- Advanced facial setup with autocollision of the mouth.
- Arms, legs: IK/FK switching and snapping.
- Spine: convenient combination of inverse and forward kinematics with additional controllers to simulate breathing.
- The bones are tuned to mirror the poses. (does not work if you use custom properties from the Options panel (you need to select the bone property carrier))
- Inverse kinematics for the fingers.
- A functional Option panel that saves time when working with limbs.
- Convenient panel for selecting rig layers.
- Ability to speed up animation playback by disabling unnecessary modifiers.
- The body is not fully modeled, only the head and arms
- Animation optimized model (25,814 faces).
- The set of clothes includes: shirt (two textures), jeans, shoes and tie (two textures). And also the old version of Jim: shoes, pants, T-shirt and hair.
- The scene is organized in accordance with the current standards.
- Model with rig is ready to be linking in any scene!
- When snapping FK and IK, there is a slight displacement of the bones. This is almost imperceptible, but with a large number of switches, the offset accumulates. I recommend clearing rotation and location whenever possible.
- The curvature of the limbs does not allow changing the curvature by changing only the transformation of the bone, you will have to use the additional properties of the options panel.
Changes from 2020/11/24:
New clothes (shirt and tie with two textures, trousers and shoes) and hairstyle.
Renamed all bones according to accepted standards
Reworked shapes for some bones to make the rig look cleaner.
Added an options bone to customize Jim's appearance, some simulation parameters, and disable some modifiers to increase fps.
Many parameters for bones have been removed because their use was the main advantage of the rig.
Changes from 2020/12/03:
The most necessary custom properties have been moved to the options panel.
Snapping FK/IK now makes one button.
Changes from 2020/12/05:
Now it is possible to select the parent bone for inverse kinematics of the arms (shoulder, chest, root).
For Jim and Jane, the main bone is named now simply «ROOT».
Jane's skeleton is now named «RIG_Jane» (previously named «RIG_Jame»)
Updated manual (added post about mirroring poses)
Changes from 2020/12/07:
Select the parent bone for arms is now split for inverse and forward kinematics
Changes from 2020/12/28:
Fixed black eyes when rendering in Cycles.
Changes from 2021/01/25:
Now you can block the rotation of the wrist in Ik mode.
Added controllers for lips when they in zip mode.
Changes from 2021/03/10:
All custom properties now work with library overrides.
The rig interface script is now linked with the rig.